This course is over!
Policing with Pride & Integrity Apr 20, 2018
This course enables police to examine the importance of professionalism, attitude, integrity, and pride in service delivery. They examine how the public judges them, how their personal and professional blind spots can lead to liability and complaints, and verbal, vocal, and nonverbal measures they can utilize to enhance their professionalism.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Recognize their sense of pride, attitude, integrity, and identify how these affect
their ability to work successfully with the public.
2. Identify Moments of Truth that set the tone for each interaction.
3. Identify the 5 ways that the public evaluates police services.
4. Practice using reflective listening skills in a critiqued classroom situation.
5. Learn new ways to build citizen rapport.
6. Develop positive nonverbal and vocal behaviors for dealing with citizens as
evidenced by their critiqued practicing of them in role play.
7. Identify their personal work styles as evidenced by their completion and
interpretation of a Work Behavioral Profile.
The cost is $275 per person and the course is MCOLES approved for 302 funds.
Location: Lansing, MI
|Oct 22–26, 2018||Advanced 40-Hour Dispatch School||Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor, MI|
|Oct 25, 2018||911 Dispatch Liability||Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor, MI|
|Oct 26, 2018||Suicide Calls: Helping the Caller & the Telecommunicator||Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor, MI|
|Oct 29–Nov 2, 2018||Basic 40-Hour Dispatch School||Oakland Community College, Auburn Hills Campus, Auburn Hills, MI|
|Nov 7–8, 2018||Critical Supervisory Issues||Michigan State University Police Department, East Lansing, MI|
|Nov 26–30, 2018||Basic 40-Hour Dispatch School||Michigan State Police - Detroit Regional Communications Center, 1060 W Fort St, Detroit, MI|
|Dec 3–7, 2018||Advanced 40-Hour Dispatch School||Midland County Central Dispatch, Midland, MI|
|Dec 3–5, 2018||Advanced Supervision (for law enforcement and dispatch)||Big Rapids Department of Public Safety, Big Rapids, MI|
|Jan 9–11, 2019||Police Supervision (law enforcement) aka Achieving Supervisory Excellence (dispatch)||Canton Public Safety, Canton, MI|